It seems as if 888poker has developed a fascination with Australia lately because they’ve begun offering A$15,500 prize packages for the 2013 Aussie Millions and WSOP Asia-Pacific. Both of these events are going to be held at Melbourne’s luxurious Crown Casino, and the following information will explain everything you need to know about the tournaments and winning a $15.5k package.
2013 Aussie Millions (January 27th–February 3rd)
Last year’s Main Event saw 659 players buy in, which created a A$6,590,000 prize pool. Australia’s Oliver Speidel made the host country proud after winning this tourney along with $1.6 million. As for this year’s Aussie Millions, you can expect to see a similarly large top payout and prize pool.
2013 WSOP APAC (April 4th–15th)
On April 30th, 2012, the Crown Casino announced that they’d host the first annual WSOP APAC. The inaugural run of this tournament series will offer five bracelet events, with the finale being the $10,000 Main Event. It’s difficult to say exactly how much money is going to be offered in the ME since we don’t have stats from last year to refer to. However, you can bet that the prize pool will be significant nonetheless.
Both the Aussie Millions and APAC $15,500 prize package deals offer the following perks:
- A$10,000 Main Event seat
- Luxury hotel accommodations
- Travel/spending money
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- 888poker merchandise
- Invitations to VIP events
Much like the prize packages, satellites for both Main Event tournaments feature the exact same structure. Here’s a look at how players can win the $15.5k package of their choice (all times GMT):
- $1.10 STEP 1 (R&A) – Runs every two hours, one Step 2 seat is awarded for every $25 in the prize pool.
- $5.50 STEP 1 – Takes place every two hours before each Step 2 satellite, 1 in 5 players win a Step 2 ticket.
- $25 STEP 2 – Runs every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 17:05, 1 in 5 players advance to Step 3.
- $115 STEP 3 – Happens every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday at 19:05, 1 in 5 entrants win a Qualifier seat.
- $525 Qualifier – Runs every second Sunday at 19:05, one $15.5k Aussie Millions or WSOP APAC prize package is guaranteed in each Qualifier.