Lim Yo-Hwan has built an outstanding gaming career through StarCraft that includes fame and fortune. However, the man known as ‘BoxeR’ recently announced his decision to go from StarCraft to poker. Lim was forced to announce the career switch after he was introduced as a ‘Professional Poker Player‘ on the South Korean reality show The Genius. It appears that Lim’s primary motivation for entering the poker world is that he’s signed a deal with FulPotPoker, a free-play 3D poker room that’s available to Facebook users. As a member of FulPotPoker, he’ll start competing in Asian Poker Tour and World Series …
Call it beginner’s luck (or a small field), but Rafael Nadal aced his first live poker tournament… Chalk up a win for John Pappas and online poker versus Las Vegas Sands… Molly “The Poker Princess” Bloom had her day in court and pleaded guilty. Check out all three of these stories in the Weekly Flop. Rafael Nadal wins EPT Prague Celebrity Tourney, Poker wins Too You don’t exactly flip on the nightly news and see Erik Seidel or Dan Smith playing poker during the sports segment. So poker often relies on the occasional celebrity happening to interest the …
Full Tilt Poker’s FTOPS XXIV recently came to a conclusion, and once again, this tournament series paid out lots of money! The FTOPS XXIV Main Event was especially notable because there was over $1.6 million in the prize pool. 2,755 players paid the $635 buy-in to compete for this massive prize pool. When play became three-handed, the remaining players made a deal, with ‘Illini213′ taking the largest amount at $261,339. However, it was ‘poksu pete’ who won the tournament, earning a $207,016 payout for his efforts. ‘quinor’ was another big winner in FTOPS XXIV since he/she won the $1 million …
Casinos have banned it, people have privacy concerns over it, and techies are salivating over it…yes, Google Glass is already making waves months before it will be released to the public. So what exactly does this wearable mini-computer do? Well, the advertised capabilities include browsing the internet, taking pictures, listening to music, chatting with people, and basically anything else that a smartphone can do. But one unique capability that Google Glass provides is the option to live-stream video of your viewpoint to others. It’s this ability that has casinos and poker rooms worried about cheating and collusion. If you’re looking …
- Patrik Antonius on why he can’t get into High Stakes Poker Games: It used to be that when one thought of high ... http://t.co/l3SViOy7xp
- February will be the last time that Bluff Magazine offers a print edition, and they'll be all digital by March 2015.
- In celebration of the UKIPT London event (Jan 20-25), the pop-up "All-In Kitchen" will let diners play poker to pay for their meals.
- How I did on Twitter this week: 8 New Followers, 2 Mentions, 14.3K Mention Reach. How'd your week go? via http://t.co/mrlJ9UauYN
- Amaya Gaming/PokerStars believe that their online sportsbook will be available in the first quarter of 2015, ahead of schedule.