- Covers multiple sports markets & betting types
- Reputable brand
- Plentiful banking options
- Minimal features
- Limited customer support hours
- No live chat
£30 in free bets when you place your first £10 bet
1x bet wagering at 1.5 odds or higher.
Min deposit £10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days and expires after 14 days • Bonus valid on selected Casino games only • Bonus wins capped at £500, excluding Jackpot wins • You must wager Bonus amount x40 – this requirement varies by game T&Cs apply. - T&Cs apply
When the fun stops, Stop! 18+
888sport is one of the betting industry’s giants. They earn over $500 million in annual revenue and have millions of customers.
888’s size allows them to cover more sports markets than the average bookmaker. You’ll find a large mix of major and minor sports covered here along with several different betting types.
You shouldn’t have any trouble depositing or withdrawing funds at 888sport. This site is one of the best in terms of banking variety.
We also like their VIP Club, which gives you a chance to win plenty of nice rewards, including live sporting event tickets. Keep in mind, though, that the unique aspects end here since 888sports doesn’t offer many features.
The biggest downsides to betting at 888 include limited customer service hours and no live chat. Given their size, it seems like they could easily have 24/7 support and a live chat option.
Extras & Features
One drawback to 888sport is that they don’t offer many special features like other online bookmakers. They’re definitely a good site in terms of betting options, odds, and banking options. But don’t expect to live stream all your favorite sports or enjoy other frills.
One of 888’s few unique aspects is their VIP club, which offers tickets to major sports matches. For example, they’ve sent customers to the UEFA Champions League Final in the past.
888 has fairly low betting margins in comparison to the industry. For example, you can look forward to margins under 4% for many football matches. This means that 888sport is taking less profit from wagers than the average online sportsbook.
We’re not saying that 888sport is the absolute best in terms of odds. In fact, you’ll find that some of the other leading bookmakers offer better deals on some occasions. But they generally stack up well to the industry overall.
In-play / Live Betting
The best thing about 888sports’ live betting section is that they offer lots of options for any given match. If you’re watching a rugby match, for example, you might see up to 50 live bets available.
888’s in-play betting section looks quite plain in comparison to other sites. But as long as you’re not worried about aesthetics, then you should enjoy placing live bets here.
Sports Markets & Betting Types
888sport stacks up well to other industry leaders in terms of the sports markets they cover. You’ll have access to everything from major sports like football, cricket, tennis, and rugby, to minor sports like darts, handball, and table tennis.
You can also look forward to placing several different types of wagers, including moneylines, point spreads, totals, accumulators, and live bets.
Website Navigation & Layout
We’re not huge fans of the 888sport website design. The available matches take up a large portion of the screen, which means that you can’t view as many bets at once. This differs from most internet sportsbooks, which use smaller font and boxes so you can see more onscreen at once.
Customer service at 888sport is available through email and telephone. They don’t offer live chat at this time. 888’s customer service department is only open from 9am to 10pm GMT.
The website is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which prevents hackers from intercepting data exchanged between you and 888sport.
This bookmaker holds licenses with the UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Gaming and Betting Association, Danish Gambling Authority, Nevada, and New Jersey.
You can deposit at 888sport using Visa, MasterCard, Visa Electron, Qiwi, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, Bank Transfer, Instadebit, Astropay, EcoCard, and Webmoney amongst others.
Withdrawal options include Visa, MasterCard, Qiwi, Maestro, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, Bank Transfer, Astropay, Instadebit, and Entropay.
Please note that, due to recent changes in UK Law, you can no longer use credit cards to deposit into gambling accounts. However, you can still use debit cards as well as many other methods to deposit funds. Please see specific sites for details of the payment providers they accept.
Welcome Bonus - £30 in free bets when you place your first £10 bet
888sport offers you £/€ 60 in free bets when you place your first £/€ 10 bet. Please note that for all territories outside of the UK & Ireland – you must enter the following promotional code when making your first deposit: 30FB. Minimum deposit of £/€ 10 and wager at odds of 1.5 or higher.
How to claim your Free Bets and Casino Bonus?
- Free Bets and the Casino Bonus will be credited upon qualifying bet settlement; occasionally, this may take up to 72 hours after bet settlement but no longer.
- For UK & Ireland players - Free Bets must be claimed within 7 days of your qualifying bet settling. This can be done by clicking the ‘Claim Now’ button in the confirmation e-mail we’ll send you, or via the pop-up message when you log in to your account.
- For all countries players - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days of your qualifying bet settling. This can be done by clicking the ‘Claim Now’ button in the confirmation e-mail we’ll send you, or via the pop-up message when you log in to your account.
What doesn’t qualify?
- Bets placed using a Free Bet, Cashed Out and Voided Bets.
- Bets placed on Virtual Sports and Permutation Bets.
- Members making their first deposits with PayPal, Muchbetter, Paysafecard, Neteller or Skrill.
- If you play from Northern Ireland, this promotion does not apply to you.
How long will my Free Bets and Casino Bonus last?
- Once credited, Free Bets expire after 7 days.
- Once credited, the Casino Bonus will expire after 14 days.
Anything else that I'm missing?
- Free Bets will be credited as three separate £10 tokens.
- Free Bets must be used in their entirety; they cannot be used to place a succession of smaller bets.
- If you win a bet with your Free Bet token, you will only receive the winnings; the Free Bet stake will not be included in your returns.
- Free Bets cannot be used on permutations.
- Free Bets cannot be combined with ‘real money’ stakes.
- Bets placed with Free Bets cannot be cashed out.
- Bet Limits still apply to individual members when using Free Bets.
- To withdraw any winnings from your Casino Bonus, you’ll have to meet our wagering requirement first.
- Minimum wagering requirement: Wager the bonus up to 40 times its value within 14 days.
Min deposit £10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days and expires after 14 days • Bonus valid on selected Casino games only • Bonus wins capped at £500, excluding Jackpot wins • You must wager Bonus amount x40 – this requirement varies by game T&Cs apply.