Terms and Conditions
- The 'RakeTheRake King of Gamers Poker' tournament (the
"Competition") is open to any new player who signs up for a
PokerStars account through RakeTheRake from 13 December 2012.
Players must be aged 18 and over. Proof of identity and age may be
- Fresh Egg LTD (the "Promoter") is the promoter of this
competition and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The host of the competition is RakeTheRake.com and is known as
the "Competition host" for the purposes of these terms and
- The competition will use a 3rd party service
"PokerStars" to administer poker matches.
- The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of the
Promoter, their group companies or family members or anyone else
connected directly to the Competition host or to the Promoter.
- Using a false name or address will result in
- Entry to the competition is obtained in the following way only:
Complete the competition entry form at www.raketherake.com/king-of-gamers.
A RakeTheRake and PokerStars account is required for entry in to
- A person may enter only once per qualifying event, but may
enter multiple qualifying events. Entries on behalf of another
person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your
Competition entry to us.
- No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed,
misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any
technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not
proof of receipt.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script or
macro or the use of automated devices will not be counted.
- As part of the acceptance of entry, all players agree to abide
by the rules of PokerStars, specifically those contained within the
Terms of Service: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/
- Any player failing to adhere to the Terms of Service on
PokerStars or breaking any rule of entry may be subject to
immediate removal from the tournament.
- Players who wish to compete in a qualifier tournament will be
required to sign up via the RakeTheRake.com website at least 5 days
prior to the qualifier tournament. The cut off time and date for
each qualifier tournament is Friday at 2am. Entries received after
this time will NOT be entered in to the next qualifier tournament,
but instead will be entered for the subsequent qualifier
tournament. The last entry for the qualifiers will be February
1st and any entry received after this date will not be
permitted to enter the qualifier tournaments.
- Entries in to each qualifier will be limited to a maximum of
- The Prize of the competition is a cash payment broken down in
the following ways:
- Prize money up to the value of £250 will be distributed to each
qualifying tournament based on PokerStars standard prize
- Prize money for the grand final will total £5,000 and be
distributed in the following way.
- 1st place: £3,000
- 2nd place: £1,500
- 3rd place: £500
- 4th place: £300
- 5th place: £200
- The prize is not transferable to another individual and no cash
or other alternatives will be offered.
- The top five finishers in the grand final will be awarded prize
money. The prize money for the qualifying tournaments will be
distributed based on the standard PokerStars distribution model
subject to a maximum combined total per qualifier of £250.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not
redeemable for other prizes and will be paid in UK sterling and in
to the PokerStars account of the prize winners.
- The Promoter retains the right to substitute the prize with
another prize of similar value in the event the original prize
offered is not available.
- The prize will be paid out within 30 days of the closure of the
Competition; however The Promoter cannot guarantee delivery times
and payment is dependent on players providing correct details.
- The Competition will run for five days over five weeks starting
on January 16th 2013.
- The qualifier tournaments will be "free rolls". There is no
payment to enter these.
- There will be 4 qualifying tournaments. Only the top two
finishers in each qualifier tournament will be given a place in the
- The 4 qualifying tournaments run on:
- January 16th 2013
- January 23rd 2013
- January 30th 2013
- February 6th 2013
- The Competition closes after the final round of the grand final
which takes place on February 13th 2013.
- Qualification to the grand final closes after the final hand is
dealt on February 6th 2013 and no further qualification
will be possible.
- Should a player not be able to attend the grand finals for
whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to fill the spot
by inviting a reserve player who may or may not have played during
the qualification process.
- There will be nine players in the Grand Final. This is made up
of 8 qualifiers (2 from each qualifier tournament) and one
professional poker player to be announced publicly on the
- If a player wins or finishes second in more than one qualifier,
the place will be given to the next highest finisher in that
qualifier. A player may NOT qualify for the grand final more than
once, but can however compete in as many qualifiers as they would
like to. All players are eligible for prize money in the qualifying
tournaments regardless of whether they have qualified for the grand
final and only the position is transferrable to the next highest
- The winner will be the player who remains in the competition
the longest based on the rules of the game of Texas No Limit Holdem
poker as seen here: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/games/rules/
- Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped
addressed envelope to the following address: Fresh Egg Ltd, 1-13
Buckingham Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TH.
- The winner may be required for promotional activity and by
entering the competition accepts that their name and address may be
published or provided if requested as per the terms and conditions
Data protection & privacy
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to
a third party without the individual's consent (other than the
winning entry), other than the Promoter, the Competition Host and
PokerStars. Data relating to entrants will be retained by the
Promoter and Competition host for a reasonable period after the
Competition closes to assist in operating competitions in a
consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the
- Information provided to enter the competition may be used,
shared or published or used for publicity in a digital format and
includes your name, your location and/or profile picture.
- If an Entrant does not wish for their personal information to
be used for marketing purposes, a request to remove consent for
personal information to be used for marketing purposes should be
submitted in writing to the Competition host.
- The Competition Host reserves the right to cancel any
tournament if it deems entries to be lower than expected.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the
liability of the Promoter or the Competition host for death,
personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result
of its negligence.
- The Promoter, PokerStars and the Competition Host accepts no
responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or
disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering
the Competition or accepting the prize. The Promoter further
disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other
person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or
downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to
time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this
Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its
control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated,
suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all
matters under its control is final and binding and no
correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with
its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside
its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not
be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike,
industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots,
civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or
any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- In the case of dispute, the Competition Host's decision is
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
- Promoter: Fresh Egg Ltd, 1-13 Buckingham Road, Worthing, West
Sussex, BN11 1TH.