Since Black Friday on April 15 this year, online poker players all over the world have been understandably hesitant about joining new online poker rooms. Having seen the US’ Department of Justice seize the websites of some of the biggest global poker rooms on the internet, player confidence has been shaken. And for those who retained their confidence, accessing their bankroll has been their next concern.
So where does this leave players? And for those who want to sign up at a new room, what are the smart choices?
For starters it makes sense to choose a room where you can get something back from your play, be that a top rakeback deal, or a great VIP program to boost the overall return on your game.
In terms of room selection, well, it’s tough, but rooms that are part of larger commercial groups and that are publicly listed on stock exchanges would seem to be the absolute safest bet (excuse the pun and ironic reference!).
There’s a number of such rooms to choose from (whilst also getting the highest rakeback deals) at RakeTheRake so we’ll give you a bit of background to consider:
- 888Poker is owned by 888 Holdings PLC and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Offering a VIP program, sign up to 888 for a bonus of 100%, up to $600.
- Betfair Poker is part of the Betfair Group and listed on the London Stock Exchange. It offers a VIP program and sign up bonus of up to $2500.
- Betsafe, offering a VIP loyalty program and offering up to $2000 in sign up bonus, was acquired earlier this year by Betsson, and is listed on the Stockholm stock exchange.
- Genting Poker is part of the massive Genting Group and their holding company Genting Berhard is listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange. Genting Poker offers players a VIP program with a 400% sign up bonus, up to $2000.
- The Paddy Power Group, listed on the London Stock Exchange, is the Irish based home of Paddy Power Poker offering a sign up bonus of 200% up to $2000.
- PartyPoker is part of the Bwin Party Group and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Party Poker rakeback offers a huge 50% rakeback deal and a sign up bonus of 100% up to $500.
- William Hill, listed on London Stock Exchange, offer a 200% bonus up to $2000, and a VIP loyalty program.
So that covers off some of the more secure, financially transparent rooms, but don’t forget to also look at the value of the monthly promotions that are on offer to you. Whether they come directly from the online poker room, or whether you get the best poker promotions from an affiliate site, make sure you’ve checked this out first.