Sep 21, 2012
EPO2012 Final Table Overview
By RTR Dennis
The EPO2012 entered the final table today, where nine players sat down to compete for a £78,660 first place payout. Below you can see all of the grinders who were hoping to collect this huge paycheck. 8 remain, as Igor Kurganov was the first of the final table 9 to bust out.
- Jamie Roberts (616,500 chips) – Roberts took the chip lead early on in Day 2 thanks to a big hand where he busted Sam Trickett and won 209,000 chips. The Londoner has collected $178,494 in live tournaments.
- Nicola Lategano (453,000 chips) – After beginning Day 2 as a middle stack, Lategano played very well and begins the final table in second place.
- Mickey Petersen (422,000 chips) – Petersen will be looking to add his second big tournament title this year since he won EPT Copenhagen ($444,595) in February.
- Ben Jackson (371,000 chips) – Jackson has certainly established himself on the UK tournament scene with $157,442 in winnings and a second place finish in the 2011 GUKPT Leg 6 Blackpool event (£47,820).
- Niels Ladefoged (363,000 chips) – Ladefoged has quietly built up his chip stack away from the feature table. He’s earned $43,852 in live poker tournaments.
- Surinder Sunar (333,000 chips) – Having spent over 25 years in the game, Sunar is certainly not lacking in final table experience. The Wolverhampton native has collected $4,590,041 in winnings throughout his lengthy career.
- Thomas Laumier (321,000 chips) – Much like Lategano, Laumier is a relative unknown who’s looking to make a name for himself by notching a big EPO2012 finish.
- Chris Bjorin (317,500 chips) – Along with Sunar, Bjorin is an elder statesman at this final table as he’s been playing live tourneys since the 1980’s. He is Sweden’s all-time tournament winnings leader with $5,296,418.
- Igor Kurganov (242,000 chips) – Rounding out our final table is Kurganov, who’s been outstanding over the past couple of years with a 2012 EPT Grand Final victory (€1,080,000) and 2011 UKIPT London £20k High Roller second place finish (£318,300). The Russian has earned $2,532,447 in his relatively brief tournament career.
EPO2012 Final Table Payouts
Watch the English Poker Open 2012 webcast at 2.30pm daily (UK time) for all the live action.