Dec 16, 2012
Spend a Little, win a Lot with Poker Heaven’s Micro Bad Beat Jackpot
By RTR Dennis
When it comes to bad beat jackpots, Poker Heaven is no doubt the best place to play. In fact, one of their players hit a world-record €1,265,583 bad beat jackpot just last year! Unfortunately, not everybody can compete for massive BBJ prizes like this because they can’t afford the stakes. You typically have to play at least €0.50/€ 1.00 NL Hold’em or higher just to have a winning chance.
Seeing as how many players are left out of the fun, Poker Heaven has created a “Micro Bad Beat Jackpot” for low stakes grinders. The micro jackpot ensures that players of all bankrolls can chase big money since stakes begin at €0.05/€0.10 NL Hold’em. Before we continue talking about the prize, here’s a look at all of the Micro Bad Beat Jackpot cash game stakes along with the minimum/maximum buy-in:
- 6-handed €0.05/€0.10 NL Hold’em, €2.00 minimum/€10.00 max buy-in
- 9-handed €0.05/€0.10 NL Hold’em, €2.00 minimum/€10.00 max buy-in
- 6-handed €0.12/€0.25 NL Hold’em, €5.00 minimum/€25.00 max buy-in
- 9-handed €0.12/€0.25 NL Hold’em, €5.00 minimum/€25.00 max buy-in
- 6-handed €0.25/€0.50 NL Hold’em, €10.00 minimum/€50.00 max buy-in
- 9-handed €0.25/€0.50 NL Hold’em, €10.00 minimum/€50.00 max buy-in
Poker Heaven contributes €1,000 to the starting Micro BBJ amount, and the final prize depends on how much money players contribute before it’s won. The jackpot is funded by taking €0.02 from every raked hand on the above Micro BBJ tables. 70% of all collected money goes to the jackpot, 20% is used to seed the next jackpot (along with the aforementioned €1,000), and 10% is taken by Poker Heaven for running the promo. When a BBJ is hit, here’s how the money gets paid out to those involved in the hand:
Hand loser = 50%
Hand winner = 25%
Rest of players dealt into the hand = split 25%
Micro BBJ Requirements
- €0.02 is deducted from each raked hand.
- The hand winner and loser must use both pocket cards.
- A losing hand must be four-of-a-kind 2’s or better.
- 4 or more players must be dealt into a hand.
- Players have to be dealt into a hand; those sitting out won’t share in a jackpot.
If you’re even mildly interested in the Micro BBJ at Poker Heaven, remember that you can also get a 200% up to €1,000 bonus along with 30% rakeback. Just sign up for Poker Heaven rakeback through RakeTheRake to pick up these excellent rewards!