Jun 27, 2013
Play in the $150k Bovada Poker Mini Series Now
By RTR Dennis
Whether you want to play in the 2014 WSOP or just hope to win major cash, it’s definitely worth checking out Bovada Poker’s $150,000 Mini Series. The Mini Series runs from now until July 18th and will pay $150k over the course of 37 tournaments.
Players can expect to see at least two Mini Series tourneys running every day, including a $40,000 Main Event on July 14th. In addition to the $40k Main Event, there’s also going to be a Mini Series Finale on July 18th, where the top two prizes are 2014 WSOP prize packages (worth $4k each). The Bovada Poker $150k Mini Series is definitely a big event, so we highly recommend that you keep reading about the notable tourneys, satellites, and the Finale.
Notable $150k Mini Series Tournaments
As mentioned before, this online poker series will feature 37 tournaments. Satellites have already begun running and buy-ins are as cheap as $0.55; just look in the Bovada Poker lobby to see what satellites are available. Of course, you can also buy directly into the tournaments, where buy-ins range from $5.50 to $109. Here’s a look at some of the notable Mini Series events (all times ET):
- Sunday, June 30th at 5:03pm – Mini Series Kickoff $10k Gtd, $20 + $2 buy-in
- Sunday, June 30th at 8:03pm – Event #2 (Turbo) $4k Gtd, $10 + $1 buy-in
- Monday, July 1st at 8:03pm – Event #3 $10k Gtd, $15 + $1 buy-in
- Sunday, July 7th at 5:03pm – Event #16 $10k Gtd, $50 + $5 buy-in
- Sunday, July 7th at 8:03pm – Event #18 (Turbo) $5k Gtd, $10 + $1 buy-in
- Monday, July 8th at 8:03pm – Event #19 (Knockout) $3k Gtd, $20 + $2 buy-in
- Wednesday, July 10th at 10:03pm – Event #24 $4k Gtd, $20 + $2 buy-in
- Thursday, July 11th at 10:03pm – Event #26 (Rebuy) $3k Gtd, $5 + $0.50 buy-in
- Sunday, July 30th at 5:03pm – Main Event (#32) $40k Gtd, $100 + $9 buy-in
- Sunday, July 14th at 8:03pm – Event #35 (Turbo) $5k Gtd, $10 + $1 buy-in
There are several ways to qualify for the Mini Series Finale, which runs on July 18th at 8:03pm. The top three finishers in every tournament collect a ticket to the Finale. You can also get a Finale seat by playing in 30 or more events throughout the Mini Series.
Players can also win their way into the Finale through the Semifinal, which runs on July 16th at 8:03pm. You can collect a Semifinal seat by finishing from 4th-9th place in any Mini Series tournament. Another way to get into the Semifinal is by playing in 20 or more Mini Series tourneys.
If you qualify for the Finale via one of the previously described routes, here’s a look at what you’ll be playing for:
1st and 2nd place – $4,000 prize package for a 2014 WSOP side event
3rd through 9th places – $162 ticket for the weekly $100,000 Guaranteed