Jul 07, 2013
PokerStars’ MicroMillions 5 offering $5m from July 18-28
By RTR Dennis
Once again, PokerStars will be giving low stakes players the opportunity to compete in a huge poker tournament series. MicroMillions 5 will run from July 18th-28th, 2013 and offer a guaranteed $5 million prize pool. In all, there’ll be 100 events with buy-ins ranging from $0.11 to $22.00. With entry fees this low, anybody can play in MicroMillions 5!
But while the buy-ins may be cheap, keep in mind that the prizes are definitely significant. In fact, Belarusian poker player ‘Ges26’ has made a fortune through this tourney series after collecting $140,493 in the first four MicroMillions. Not bad considering that he spent a fraction of that amount on buy-ins.
If you’d like to win big like Ges26, take a look at the notable MM 5 tournaments that we’ve listed below along with information on the leaderboard race.
- Notable Tournaments (All Times ET)
- July 18th at 12:00 – MM Event #1, $15k Hyper-Active No-Limit Hold’em (Rebuys), $0.11 buy-in
- July 18th at 13:00 – MM Event #2, $150k 3x Turbo NLHE (Rebuys), $1.00 buy-in
- July 18th at 14:00 – MM Event #4, $75k ZOOM Turbo NLHE, $5.50 buy-in
- July 19th at 12:00 – MM Event #13, $10k Stud, $3.30 buy-in
- July 20th at 11:00 – MM Event #20, $150k 3x Turbo NLHE (Rebuys), $2.20 buy-in
- July 20th at 13:00 – MM Event #22, $100k SuperKnockout NLHE (Rebuys), $11 buy-in
- July 20th at 15:30 – MM Event #23, $125k 3x Turbo NLHE (Rebuys), $1.00 buy-in
- July 21st at 13:30 – MM Event #32, $300k (Sunday Storm) NLHE, $11 buy-in
- July 22nd at 13:00 – MM Event #41, $100k 3x Turbo NLHE (Rebuys), $1.00 buy-in
- July 23rd at 13:00 – MM Event #50, $150k 4-Max 4x Chance NLHE, $4.40 buy-in
- July 24th at 22:00 – MM Event #62, $10k 6-Max PL Omaha, $4.40 buy-in
- July 26th at 13:00 – MM Event #77, $40k 3x Turbo 6-Max NL Omaha, $2.20 buy-in
- July 27th at 13:00 – MM Event #85, $150k 3x Turbo NLHE, $2.22 buy-in
- July 28th at 02:00 – MM Event #91, $5k Razz, $5.50 buy-in
- July 28th at 13:30 – MM Event #97, $300k Sunday Storm NLHE, $11 buy-in
- July 28th at 14:30 – MM Event #98, $1 million NLHE Main Event, $22 buy-in
Keep in mind that this is just a small sample of the 100 events in MicroMillions 5. Most of the prize pools are worth $10,000 or more, and there’s a wide variety of tournaments. Different variants include NL Hold’em, Omaha, PL Omaha, 5-Card Omaha Hi/Lo, Courchevel, Razz, 2-7 Single Draw, H.O.R.S.E., Stud, Stud Hi/Lo, Badugi and 8-Game.
MicroMillions 5 Leaderboard
In addition the $5 million in prize money that’s available, MicroMillions 5 will also feature a leaderboard race. Players merely need to cash in as many MM 5 tournaments as possible to earn leaderboard points and move towards big prizes. The top 50 players are going to score prizes, with first place collecting a $5,200 WCOOP Main Event seat. Below you can see what’s at stake:
1st. $5,200 2013 WCOOP Main Event ticket
2nd-10th. $1,500 2013 WCOOP ticket
11th-50th. $215 2013 WCOOP ticket