Aug 15, 2013
PokerStars announces $40 Million WCOOP Schedule
By RTR Dennis
PokerStars has released the World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) schedule and once again, it's set to be absolutely huge! The massive poker tournament series will feature 66 events that'll run from September 8th-29th. A total of $40 million is guaranteed across the 66 tournaments, and the Main Event will offer $8 million.
Besides the major money involved, players can also appreciate the variety of events offered. The 2013 WCOOP will feature buy-ins ranging from $109 to $10,300, and poker variants include Hold'em, Omaha, PL Omaha, NL Single Draw 2-7, PL Badugi, 7-Card Stud, 8-Game, Triple Draw 2-7, HORSE, PL Courchevel Hi/Lo, 7-Card Stud Hi/Lo, Razz and more.
With all of the variety available, it's no wonder why PokerStars Pro Bertrand 'ElkY' Grospellier is so excited about the WCOOP. "The World Championship of Online Poker is definitely the biggest online tournament series of the year," Grospellier said. "My goal is to try and play as many events as possible and regain the overall leadership in bracelets. I think Dan Kelly has four, so I really would love to have five, but it’s a long way to go."
If you're interested in joining ElkY and other pros in the 2013 WCOOP, you should visit the Stars tournament lobby and look under the 'Events' and 'WCOOP' tabs. Here you'll find a large number of satellites available so that you can get into the tournaments cheaply. Now here's a glance at some of the bigger tourneys that'll be available in the 2013 WCOOP.
- Sep. 8th at 08:00 - $500,000 NL Hold'em WCOOP Kickoff, $109 buy-in
- Sep. 8th at 11:00 - $1 million NL Hold'em 6-Max, $215 buy-in
- Sep. 8th at 14:30 - $1.5 million NL Hold'em, $215 buy-in
- Sep. 9th at 17:00 - $750,000 NL Hold'em Turbo w/Rebuys, $215 buy-in
- Sep. 10th at 17:00 - $1 million NL Hold'em, $1,050 buy-in
- Sep. 12th at 11:00 - $750,000 NL Hold'em Knockout (6-Max), $429 buy-in
- Sep. 15th at 11:00 - $1.25 million NL Hold'em, $215 buy-in
- Sep. 15th at 12:30 - $2 million NL Hold'em 2x Chance (8-Max), $10,300 buy-in
- Sep. 15th at 14:30 - $1.5 million NL Hold'em, $700 buy-in
- Sep. 17th at 17:00 - $1 million NL Hold'em, $1,050 buy-in
- Sep. 20th at 11:00 - $600,000 NL Hold'em w/Rebuys, $215 buy-in
- Sep. 22nd at 11:00 - $1 million NL Hold'em, $215 buy-in
- Sep. 22nd at 14:30 - $2 million NL Hold'em, $2,100 buy-in
- Sep. 24th at 17:00 - $1 million NL Hold'em, $1,050 buy-in
- Sep. 26th at 11:00 - $750,000 NL Hold'em w/Rebuys, $530 buy-in
- Sep. 28th at 13:00 - $1 million NL Hold'em Super-Knockout, $362.50 buy-in
- Sep. 29th at 11:00 - $1.5 million NL Hold'em (8-Max), $215 buy-in
- Sep. 29th at 12:30 - $500,000 8-Game High-Roller, $10,300 buy-in
- Sep. 29th at 14:30 - $8 million NL Hold'em Main Event, $5,200 buy-in