May 09, 2019
2019 WSOP Europe Schedule Officially Complete – See New Tournaments
By RTR Dennis
The 2019 World Series of Poker Europe (WSOPE) schedule is officially set after some revisions. This premiere tournament series will feature 10 bracelet events running from October 13 to November 4. These tourneys will combine to offer €14 million in guaranteed prize money.
King’s Resort in Rozvadov, Czech Republic will once again serve as the WSOPE host for the third straight year. This is no surprise when considering the WSOP’s desire to make King’s Resort a long-term home.
WSOP Directly Gregory Chochon gave some insight into why they like the remote Czech Republic location so much.
“We are eager to return to King’s Resort in October for the 11th edition of WSOP Europe,” Chochon explained in a press release. “King’s Resort has become the center of the poker world in Europe and they are once again bolstering this series with €14 million plus in guarantees to ensure players find plenty of value and opportunity.”
New Tournaments Coming to 2019 WSOP Europe
The WSOPE commonly features changes from year to year. 2019 will be no different, with a couple of new tourneys entering the fray.
The €350 “Opener” No-Limit Hold’em event will kick off the festivities. The Opener is perfect for low rollers thanks to its €350 buy-in. Another new tourney is the €1,350 Mini Main Event No-Limit Hold’em. This tournament should also be popular due to its €550,000 guaranteed prize pool.
Gone from the schedule are the €1,650 No Limit Hold’em 6-Handed Deepstack and €1,100 Monster Stack. The WSOP Europe appears to be moving away from deepstack events based on these two exclusions. Everything else on the schedule is largely the same from last year’s event.
King’s Resort Owner Comments on 2019 WSOP Europe
Leon Tsoukernik is the man behind King’s Resort. He originally built his casino in tiny Rozvadov due to its strategic location near the Czech-German border. He’s pleased to once again play host to this historic tournament series.
“WSOP Europe has clearly become a can’t miss series for poker players and we’re delighted to once again serve as hosts,” Tsoukernik stated in the press release. “We are relentless in providing incredible hospitality and will continue to roll out the red carpet for poker players worldwide who come visit.”
If this year’s version is anything like last year’s, it should be quite a treat. Jack Sinclair won the 2018 WSOP Europe Main Event along with €1,122,239. He also claimed fourth place in the WSOP Main Event (Las Vegas).
2019 WSOPE Schedule
- €350 “Opener” No-Limit Hold’em, Oct 13-14 – €220,000 Guarantee; 2 starting flights with 2 re-entries per flight
- €550 8-Handed Pot-Limit Omaha, Oct 15-16 — €100,000 Guarantee; 2 starting flights with unlimited re-entries
- €1,350 Mini Main Event No-Limit Hold’em, Oct 16-18 — €550,000 Guarantee; 2 starting flights
- €1,100 Turbo Bounty Hunter, Oct 17 — €200,000 Guarantee; €300 bounty on each player; unlimited re-entries
- €1,650 Pot-Limit Omaha/No-Limit Hold’em Mix, Oct 19 — €200,000 Guarantee; unlimited re-entries
- €25,500 Platinum High Roller No-Limit Hold’em, Oct 20 – €1,000,000 Guarantee; unlimited re-entries
- €2,200 Pot-Limit Omaha 8-Handed, Oct 21 — €200,000 Guarantee; unlimited re-entries
- €100,000 Diamond High Roller, Oct 23 – €5,000,000 Guarantee; unlimited re-entries
- €10,350 WSOP Europe Main Event, Oct 25-26 – €5,000,000 Guarantee; 2 starting flights with those busting in Day 1A being able to buy into Day 1B
- €550 Colossus No-Limit Hold’em, Oct 28 to Nov 2 – €1,000,000 Guarantee; 9 starting flights with single entry